Monday, April 7, 2008

Found Treasure and new Dimensions

Thanks to everyone who participated in this weekend's Personality Dimension Workshop. A giant thanks to my sister Peggy Holroyd and Karen Hirl, for making it happen. This will help us all communicate effectively, which will in turn, enable you to paddle really fast down a river (I know the relationship isn't linear but it exists).


The find of the weekend was a vintage paddling machine. I got an email Sunday from Paul Lauzon an ex-racer from the late 80's early 90's. He had a paddle machine of that vintage that hadn't been used since about '94 and he wanted to see it put to better use. The thing is a piece of art. Paul built the frame out of wood from a picture of Bob Smith's old machine and then attached the English built pulley and resistance module. It works like a dream! I think it is one of the best feeling resistance modules I've have tried. So now it sits in my garage for all to use. If you are ever board and want a good workout come on down for a session. I even have a TV that I acquired from the National Team to go with it (That beast is a story of its own. Imagine having to cart a TV in a wood Box to Europe to watch video on. no laptops??) Add those to a couple exercise balls, medicine balls, wobble boards, and you've got a pretty good little gym.

Ever wonder what happens to all those old slalom boats once they've been raced for a few years? I've been through over a dozen boats in my career and only know of the whereabouts of a couple of them. They just seem to disappear. Well know I know where at least a couple are. Paul had a couple boats, slalom & DR. Hopefully they will see the light of day and at some point encourage a new athlete into the sport. The Slalom Boat is for Sale $180. If anyone is interested let me know. Looking at the profile I think it would be pretty solid if it was brought down to the 350cm limit.

What a weekend!

1 comment:

RickyFederau said...

will you take cookies for the boat? I could maybe do some muffins as well.