Thursday, April 10, 2008

Do you think it's time to leave?



The weather in Calgary is insane! This morning at 7am, when I got up, there was about 1cm of snow on the ground. By 9:30am this is what it looked like!! 20cm of snow.

The weather report promised 6 degrees this afternoon so we planned a session on the Bow River at Bowness. Sure enough it was sunny and the morning's snow was all but a distant memory. We started the session wary of the clouds to the west, which is where weather comes from in this part of the world. Half way though the workout we look upstream at this wall of white coming down river. The heavens opened up with snow pellets the size of tic tacs. Within minutes we were covered in white and the temperature had dropped about 5 degrees. We toughed it out till the first thunder then made a b-line for the cars.

I can't wait for Charlotte where Paul assures me it is too hot for shorts and T-shirt. 7am tomorrow I'll be on my way.

2 comments:

RickyFederau said...

I think its time to come. Leave, why would you want to do that? the skiing must be unreal! ski your face off! Leave? come on!

Connor said...

Oh man! Those snow pictures take me back. Recently I have been a spoiled little brat, living the sponsored athlete high-life and avoiding the cold like John Hastings avoids rolling! I'm so weak now, the snow seems sooo scary! I need to bring it on back home and become a man again!

See ya'll soon in Charlotte where it is currently 27 degrees celcius!!!!